Success tips for cooking Spring Bay Seafoods blue mussels
- Mussels usually take 3-4 minutes to cook.
- Cook mussels only until the shells open and the meat pulls away from the shell.
- Prepare all the other parts of your meal, then cook the mussels.
- Don't overcook mussels – they will shrink and toughen!
- You can eat an unopened mussel, it just means that it was hanging on harder!
- Don't add salt while cooking Spring Bay Seafoods blue mussels. They are packed with seawater, so have plenty of natural seasoning.