Roasted Spring Bay scallops on the half shell with sweet fish sauce, mint chilli, shallots & lime
- 12 Spring Bay Scallops
- 4 tbs Sweet Fish Sauce
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 8 mint leaves, torn
- 3 Birds Eye Chillies, sliced into fine rounds
- 8 tbs crispy fried shallots
- 2 limes, cut into cheeks
Sweet Fish Sauce
- ½ cup Palm Sugar
- 3 tbs Fish Sauce
- 2 tbs Tamarind Water
- Melt palm sugar in a small pot.
- Simmer with fish sauce for a few minutes.
- Add the tamarind water and continue to simmer for a minute or so until thick.
- Skim, strain and cool.
- The balance should be salty, sweet and sour.
- Roast Scallops in a hot oven until just cooked.
- Place 3 scallops on a plate and liberally douse with sweet fish sauce.
- Sprinkle over the sliced shallots, torn mint, sliced chilli and crispy fried shallots.
- Cut two cheeks of each lime and place on the side of the plates.