- Scallops are hermaphrodites. The male part of the roe is pale white or cream and the female part is bright orange.
- Scallops live on the sea floor and prefer coarse sandy conditions.
- Spring Bay scallops reach size and maturity after 2-3 years.
- Spring Bay scallops are clean and ready to cook. Always cook gently and lightly (slightly undercooked is best.) Scallops freeze very well and lose little flavour and mass after defrosting.
- Scallops are at their best over winter when their roe fills up prior to spawning.